Wednesday 4 May 2011

Editing

After filming, I then had to edit all the shots. I used a programme called 'Movie Pro 11' which has a similar layout to the image on the right. I first had to copy all my edits on to the timeline and put them in order. I then deleted any shots that I did not want in the final take. I used techniques such as a fade to link edits together. It did take a while for me to cut and chop certain shots, and then join them together at exactly the right points. I also had to drop any sound I did not want and carfully place where the voiceover would go, so that it was in time with the film. Once all the edits were how I wanted them to be, I then mixed it all down so it joined together as a mini movie. Once the rest of my group edited their sections, we had to then chop them up again and add all four parts together in the order that we wanted. Finally we added the title and end credits, which included actor names, the director,editor, storyboarder, scriptwriter, etc. We put the titles and credits in a bold red to stand out from the background colours, and attract the audience. One problem I kept experiencing while editing, was that if I did something too fast, then the programme would crash, and all your work would not save. To prevent losing my work, everytime i finished an edit, I had to keep saving as I went along. I personally think editing is the most trickiest part of film making, but it is what makes any film look good and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment