Wednesday 4 May 2011

My Film Poster

Like any new film coming out, it needs to be advertised. Each person in my group is making there own film poster with the character from their section on the front of it. After researching film posters, I knew there was certain codes and conventions I had to include in my poster. I put the title in the same font and colour as it is in the actual film. The main image was placed in the center of the poster, and I coloured the background in all black so the writing and image stood out. The image is of my main character, who is played by Chenice Clarke, looking down towards the floor with her hand behind her back, and in the same oufit she wears in the film. I decided to make her pose like this as it makes her looked ashamed of something by looking down, and that with her hands behind her back she is hiding something. I dressed her in the same outfit she wore in the film so that the audience will recognice her as a a main character when they watch the film. Just above the image and below the title is a strapline which anchors the audience. It says Once you're hooked you can't let go. We came up with this saying as it links with the title and theme of addiction. Below the image is then in smaller writng the production company, directors, editors, storyboard and scriptwriters name. Theres is also the main characters name in order of appearence. At the bottom of the page, in the same font and colour as the title is 'Get a fix on youtube'. 'Getting a fix', is a phrase that is used by addicts who use drugs, and so relates back to the film and title. The bottom writing also lets people know when and where they can watch the film if they want to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment